I have been thinking about the issues in our society today and it boils down to an "I" problem. We, as a society, have been focused far too much on "me" not enough on "we" and not at all on "you". Less focus on the common good and more focus on what is good for me is slowly destroying your society.
Not that this is a new issue. It comes around again and again in the history of man, and it is always the down fall of nations. The problem is that it seems so deeply ingrained in our psyche as Americans and effects the wealthy and poor alike. We need to loose "me" and look to making "we" and "you" important to each one of us.
Saint Paul said that we need to consider the needs of others as equal to our needs. I believe that this is true and do try to live by this. But so many see this as weakness, and not a strength that it truly is. If we turn to God and ask for his guidance in doing the true Common Good he would help us and heal us, and then we become greater then we ever been in the past.
I dare say that ALL of the major issues of the day are due to self seeking by some group and if we all seek the Common Good with the help of God, we would solve all the great issues of our time.
Would this happen? I sadly say no, it won't, as we, collectively, are just too selfish to admit our faults and too self focused to admit our need for the Almighty.
Saturday, May 14, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment